This eLearning course will help you address clients’ individual needs, even during brief visits. Specifically, it addresses the foundations of counseling and education; building rapport and communication skills; quality education strategies; client-centered decision making; and confirming understanding and supporting a client’s plan. Please note that this course is designed for learners with basic knowledge of all contraceptive methods.
- Describe quality contraceptive counseling and education as reflected in the QFP guidelines
- Identify personal biases that could influence contraceptive counseling and education
- Identify client-centered communication skills to use with clients who are making decisions about contraception
- Demonstrate strategies for teaching clients about contraceptive methods
- Demonstrate how to help clients identify their preferred contraceptive method
- Describe approaches for confirming a client’s understanding of how to use their method effectively
Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Continuing Education: 2.5 contact hours
There is no fee for a Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) certificate upon successful completion of this activity.
Successful completion of this continuing nursing education activity includes the following:
- Completing the entire CE activity
- Completing the online evaluation
- Submitting an online CE Request
JSI is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Date of Last Review: September 2017
Date of Expiration: August 2019
Certificate of Completion: Yes