This eLearning course provides information needed to conduct basic family planning education and counseling. Specifically, the course covers the following topics: Title X program; reproductive anatomy, physiology and the menstrual cycle; contraceptive choices; sexuality, and sexually transmitted infections.
- Describe the importance of client-centered care to quality family planning services
- Describe reproductive anatomy and physiology
- Describe key points for counseling clients about contraceptive methods
- Describe how to discuss sexuality-related issues with clients
- Answer basic questions about sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Time: 2 hours
Continuing Education: 2 contact hours
There is no fee for a Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) certificate upon successful completion of this activity. Successful completion of this CNE activity includes the following:
- Completing the entire CNE activity;
- Completing the online evaluation;
- Submitting an online CNE Request
JSI is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Date of Last Review: September 2017
Date of Expiration: August 2019
Certificate of Completion: Yes