This resource is part of a series to support facilitation of interactive learning sessions about how to implement the recommendations outlined in the Contraceptive Access Change Package, whose purpose is to drive improvement on the contraceptive care performance measures.
The full resource consists of a PowerPoint slide deck with talking points and an associated discussion guide.
Facilitators should feel free to adapt and revise this guide. Facilitators may choose to:
- Convene staff from one or more clinics for a standing meeting (e.g., monthly) to discuss each Best Practice (in order or as needed) from the Contraceptive Access Change Package.
- Convene a one-time meeting with clinic staff about this topic.
- Define the best practice recommendations for increasing access to the full range of contraceptive methods outlined in the Contraceptive Access Change Package.
- Describe one tool available to help calculate and track the contraceptive care performance measures.
- Describe three strategies for improving performance on the contraceptive care performance measures.
Time: 1 hour
Other Guides in this Series:
- Develop a Site-Level Improvement Plan
- Stock a Broad Range of Methods (Best Practice 1)
- Discuss Pregnancy Intention and Support Patients through Patient-Centered Counseling (Best Practice 2)
- Develop Systems for Same-Visit Provision of All Contraceptive Methods (Best Practice 3)
- Utilize Diverse Payment Options to Reduce Cost as a Barrier for the Facility and the Patient (Best Practice 4)
- Address Common Concerns for Providing LARC to Adolescents
- Sustain and Spread Improvements