Innovative Models for PrEP Programs in Family Planning Sites
In this webinar from the Office of Population Affairs, presenters will discuss innovative models for delivering pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention services in family planning clinics, including a pharmacy-based clinic, telehealth services , and services integrating PrEP and gender-affirming care. Participants will hear from speakers from the University of California, San Francisco; OneWorld Community Health Centers; Louisiana Department of Health, Bureau of Family Health; and Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Shannon Weber, MSW, Director, HIVEonline.org, University of California, San Francisco
- Jessica Downes, PharmD, BCACP, Clinical Pharmacist, OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc.
- Gail Gibson, RN, BSN, Clinical Systems Team Lead, Louisiana Department of Health, Bureau of Family Health
- Tisha Reed, MA, Reproductive Health Program Manager, Louisiana Department of Health, Bureau of Family Health
- Tammy Bennett, RN, BSN, WHNP-C, Reproductive Health Statewide Nurse Consultant, Louisiana Department of Health, Bureau of Family Health
- Ama Dankwah, MSN, CRNP, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner, Planned Parenthood Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Discuss the role of Title X family planning clinics in ensuring access to PrEP services in their communities.
- Describe several innovative models for implementation of PrEP services at three Title X-funded service sites.
- Share lessons learned from Title-X funded sites implementing PrEP services.